This crumble comes with love from the Heart Foundation’s Mums United who are on a mission to help families take small, easy steps towards a healthier lifestyle and a healthy weight.
Serves 6 – Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Canola oil spray*
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g Tick approved margarine spread
- 1/2 cup rolled oats*
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 800g can apples in natural juice
- 250g strawberries, hulled and halved (see Tip)
- Low fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Lightly grease 1.5 litre (6 cup capacity) ovenproof dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Drop heaped teaspoons of the margarine spread into the flour mixture and using your fingertips, rub the spread into the flour until it starts to come together. Add the oats and sesame seeds and continue rubbing together until well combined.
- Spoon the apples into the dish. Add strawberries and gently stir to distribute. Sprinkle crumble mixture over the fruit to cover and bake for 30 minutes or until crumble is golden. Serve warm with a dollop of reduced fat yoghurt.
Tip If you can’t find nice fresh strawberries, use frozen ones instead. Thaw before using. *Products are those available with the Heart Foundation Tick. All fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
For more yummy recipes and healthy eating tips visit: heartfoundation.org.au/mumsunited