When she’s not transforming the Maroubra Bay PS school grounds, Rose is transforming young minds through her after-school and school holiday programs, Art Classes with Rose.
“It’s so incredibly important to foster creative thinking in young minds. Primary school students are at a critical stage in life when learning how to problem solve, and thinking and acting creatively, can have a long-term positive impact on who they will become”.
“Art stimulates both sides of the brain. It teaches you to think openly and explore more than one solution to a problem. Studies show that young children who regularly practice art have better hand-eye coordination, better communication, and go on to achieve better marks in maths, literacy and science throughout school”.
Outside of the class studio, Rose’s favourite activity with kids, namely her own, is “getting rugged up, snuggled up, and gazing at the stars – preferably somewhere out-of-town where you can really see them”. More often however, you’ll find her down at her local beach building sand castles.
Fav thing about motherhood? “Everything. The less you are the center of your concerns the more the universe expands. It’s the difference between the birdcage and the sky. You have wings and a limitless place to spread them.
Even the dark side of motherhood brings potential expansion for good i.e. grace under pressure. It’s easy to be great when things are great but much harder and more rewarding when you’re treading on Lego at four in the morning. And outside all of this, you’re suddenly in an amazing club that you never really understood existed until you became a mother”.
ART CLASSES WITH ROSE is an innovative private art class held at Maroubra Bay Public school four days a week for primary school aged students, after school. Students explore and develop skills in problem solving, creating, painting, sculpture, construction and drawing.
Classes are fun, progressive and run to the school term.
Rose has spaces still available in her school holiday program (Friday 14 and 21st of April) and for Term 1. Bookings: 0413 169 115
20 Reasons Why Kid’s Should Study Art
- Art stimulates both sides of the brain.
- 33% of kids are visual learners.
- There are studies that show that kids, who make art, read better and get better grades in science and mathematics.
- The kids learn by using their senses and art is ideal in this process
- The kids need a place to express themselves at school.
- Art promotes self esteem
- Art encourages kids to give more attention to the physical space that surround them.
- Art develops hand and eye coordination.
- Art stimulates perception.
- Art teaches them to think openly. It represents a culture of questioners more than a culture of responders.
- Art teaches that there is more than one solution for a problem.
- Art teaches kids to think creatively to solve problems.
- Kids can share and reflect on their work of art and learn something about the world they live in.
- When art is integrated with the other subjects in the curriculum, kids commit more to the learning process.
- In the process of doing art, the child is exposed to different possibilities, to discover and to freedom, this way they avoid falling into the control and the predictability of the conventional education in the United States of today.
- Art nourishes the human soul. One feels good doing it.
- Art brings the cultural resources of the community into the class.
- Art involves parents and tutors in the school, inviting them to participate as volunteers in diverse activities.
- Art provides a common ground across racial stereotypes, barriers and prejudices.
- Art is valuable all by itself.
Source: Art Classes With Rose