It’s been a while since we published our weekly recipe, and it’s always made easier with the HelloFresh boxes…
Did you know…
So why not try this? Enjoy it and don’t forget to get online and order your first box with our discount SYDNEYMUM40!
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas with Avocado Smash
Ingredients (serves four):
|2 tsp||olive oil|
|1||avocado (recommended amount)|
|12||mini flour tortillas|
|olive oil spray (or just brush lightly with extra olive oil)|
|100g||Cheddar cheese, grated|
|2||birdseye chilli, deseeded & finely chopped|
|1||red onion, very finely sliced|
|70g||baby spinach leaves, washed|
|3 sprigs||coriander, leaves picked|
| 1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan-forced.
2. Heat half of the olive oil in a medium ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer the frying pan to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes. This is a good time to prep all of your ingredients. (Tip: If you don’t have an ovenproof frying pan, transfer the chicken to a baking dish or oven tray.)
3. Remove the chicken from the oven and shred the chicken into pieces using two forks.
4. In a small bowl mash the avocado. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Place half of the mini flour tortillas on the prepared oven tray and spray or brush lightly with olive oil. Turn the oiled side down. Top each tortilla with some shredded chicken, grated Cheddar cheese, birds eye chilli, red onion and a small handful of the baby spinach leaves. Top with the remaining tortillas and spray or brush lightly with some more oil. Press down lightly to flatten. Cook in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until golden.
6. To serve, cut the quesadillas into wedges and top with the smashed avocado and coriander leaves. Garnish with remaining baby spinach leaves for some extra greens.