Tasty Teriyaki Chicken with Hokkien Noodles
Ingredients (serves four)
|2 cloves||garlic, peeled & finely grated|
|1 knob||ginger, peeled & finely grated|
|3 ½ tbs||salt-reduced soy sauce|
|2 ½ tbs||honey|
|3 tbs||warm water|
|700 g||free range chicken thighs, chopped into 2 cm pieces|
|370g||Hokkien noodles (Note: using extra noodles will alter the flavour)|
|1 tsp||vegetable oil|
|2||carrots, peeled & cut into thin discs|
|1 bunch||spring onions, finely sliced|
|1 bunch||baby bok choy, sliced|
|1||long red chilli, sliced (optional)|
- Bring a full kettle of water to the boil.
- In a medium bowl combine the garlic, ginger, salt-reduced soy sauce, honey and warm water. Add the chicken thighs and toss to coat well in the marinade.
- Place the Hokkien noodles in a large bowl and pour over the boiling water. Leave the Hokkien noodles submerged for 2 minutes, or until soft and separated. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the marinated chicken in two batches allowing any excess marinade to drip back into the bowl. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes, or until browned, and then remove from the wok. Add the carrot and half the spring onion to the wok and cook for 2-3 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan with the noodles, any excess marinade and the sliced baby bok choy. Cook for 1 minute, or until the baby bok choy is wilted.
- To serve, divide the chicken stir-fry between bowls. Garnish with the remaining spring onion and long red chilli, if you like. Enjoy!
Thank you Hello Fresh!